Monday, April 16, 2012

RIP Spice

I found Spice having a seizure this afternoon when I returned to my office. John and I rushed her to the Vet's but she died there. Her doctor said that her breathing was labored and that her chest felt hardened. He tested for pleural effusions, but none were present. He supposed that there could be a mass. Certainly her death was contributed to by an underlying disease that caused her mucositis. She never was a well cat. But she looked to be in great condition, with wonderful weight gain and controlled mucositis due to the daily drug administration I was doing. We didn't want to pay for an autopsy.

At least we gave her some good months before the end. She sure had the life of Riley in my office! Now she has gone on to Bast. Rest in peace kitty!

No comments: