Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rapporto di Roma 2: Fontana di Trevi


You can hear the water falling from a block away and the excitement builds as you approach the Fontana di Trevi. It was a beautiful bright, but cold day as we took the short walk from our hotel to the fountains. This was my third time there and each time I threw a coin to ensure my return.


This is the Chiesa dei Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio in the fountain’s square.


I took pictures of this hansome cab because I love horses. I sure hope they treat them well here in Rome. Cabs like this are a common sight in the Eternal City.



For future reference, marble is really cold on your ass.


We continued on our way and on and nearly a block down the road was the Piazza di Pietra which houses a temple that was built in 144 AD by Antoninus Pius for Emperor Hadrian. Below are the columns from that temple and the last photo is a detail from the marble roof trim with a lion head roof drain.



Next stop, the Pantheon!

No comments: